Wednesday, September 2, 2015

September Is Here!

September is my favorite month... summer is winding down, the air is getting crisp. I also like the fact that it is the end of show season. I had my last show over the weekend. It was at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens, a beautiful setting, filled with lovely plants and people.

Besides getting ready for the event, I did manage to finish some projects this week.

First of all, I made these bracelets from bits of scrap ribbon, baling wire, and upcycled beads.












Then I took some scrap leather and made this bracelet:





I used a sharp pair of scissors to cut channels out of the leather, then punched some holes and inserted silver plated jump rings. The clasp is magnetic.







I also finished this colorful bath mat. It's crocheted denim yarn, made from a few pairs of my old jeans. I tied sari silk and other ribbon scraps to it.








I fixed most of those soldered white heart components that I started last week too:





I made one necklace from one of the hearts:






...and finally, I formulated an amazing rose-scented eye gel. I bought the ingredients, heated them up, and poured them into tiny tins. I'll have the packaging finished this week.





Despite doing the show, I still feel like I accomplished a fair amount this week. I'm sending some of these projects to GreenCraft magazine for publication consideration. The rose eye cream will be submitted to Willow & Sage.

Of all the things that happened this week, my favorite was holding a little bird that hit the window, keeping him safe from eagles and neighborhood dogs until he was well enough to fly off. For me, it's the little things that make life magical.

Until next week!

Leaving you with this quote:

"The air is crowded with birds - beautiful, tender, intelligent birds - to whom life is a song."
-George Henry Lewes




2 comments:

  1. Wow those hearts are amazing! I just read your previous post about how you made them from absolute scratch including the flowers inside I'm so impressed. So blue painters tape, hu? Cuz the packing tape never seemed reliable to me either, but I'd never heard of the blue painters tape. I might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those heart bezels as well....Simply amazing...

    ReplyDelete