Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Moon Is Still Silver

I was up late one night, on Pinterest, and I found the astonishing words of Victoria Erickson. Erickson is my maiden name. I think that's why I read the first few poems. Then I kept going. Finally I came to one of the most lovely things I have ever read, a poem entitled "The Moon Is Still Silver." Here's a link:

http://girlandlovelynotebook.blogspot.com/2014/02/i-meant-to-tell-you.html

 It inspired me to make two separate collections of jewelry. Here's the first one:




Silver Moon Earrings





Blue Moon Necklace





Silver Crescent Moon Necklace




Silver Moon Necklace



The second series is  still in progress. I got a little sidetracked and made some sewn paper and fabric butterfly collage necklaces this week, The text came from vintage piano music.




Trio of cloth butterfly necklaces




Close-up, My Keepsake




Close-up, La Seduccion




Close-up, Tango Argentino



That's what I've been up to this week! Hopefully next week I will have finished the second Silver Moon Series. Until next time, leaving you with this lovely quote by Victoria Erickson:





2 comments:

  1. Hello Melinda! I happened upon your blog as a result of your stitched necklaces in Sew Somerset! They are darling....and as I read your little bio, I see you live in Stanwood. I lived there from about 1989-1998, or so. I am in Port Angeles now, but I do still have friends there. Anyway, I just thought it was interesting to see someone from Stanwood in a Somerset publication.You make gorgeous jewelry too! I had the privilege also, of being published a few years ago in a couple issues of one of their magazines, Jewelry Affair, back when Beth Livesay was the editor. What a team of awesome women at Somerset! I even had the privilege of visiting their campus and getting to have lunch with Beth and the former editor of Belle Armour Jewelry, Cynthia Levins. They were amazing, and they treat you in person with the same respect and honor that they give in all their communications. I have long been wanting to do something for Sew Somerset, and now that I've recently retired, I may be able to come up with something. Being completely inspired by this latest issue and your article also!
    it's nice to meet you, Melissa, and I hope that one of these days, our paths will cross in person ;-).
    Congratulations for your article and all of your other previously published articles....excellent work!

    *hugs*

    Sue
    (susan.chesley@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you much for this blog it is amazing for jewewllery. silver neckless in delhi provide unique and designer nacklaces

    ReplyDelete